- Partnership with Monroe Public Schools – The Monroe Public Schools Knabusch Math and Science Center is adjacent to approximately 700 acres of plant property that is managed for wildlife habitat. The property is accessible to students participating in class projects on habitat management and monitoring.
- Seagull Nesting Site and Studies – In partnership with Calvin College and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), plant personnel established a nesting site where Calvin College biology students conduct tests to assess the impact of environmental factors on gull population, reproduction and health.
- Produce Garden – Power plant employees partner with the Monroe Intermediate School District and Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan to plant and harvest a produce garden at the plant's employee activity center. In 2011, the garden produced more than 6,000 pounds of fruit and vegetables.
State Of Michigan Recognizes Monroe Power Plant For Its Environmental Outreach Programs
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts