American Greetings Announces Receipt Of "Going Private" Proposal At $17.18 Per Share
We recognize that the independent directors will need to separately review this proposal under such process as they determine to be appropriate. We will keep you apprised of material developments and cooperate with you in this regard. As you consider this proposal, you should know that the Series B shareholders on behalf of whom this proposal is made believe that their ownership in the company is a strategic investment and have no current intention to sell all or any significant portion of their shares.
This proposal is subject to the finalization of financing, including the entry into definitive agreements by the sponsoring shareholders and arranging and entering into definitive debt financing documents, the determination by independent directors that the proposal is fair and the negotiation and execution of definitive transaction documents. As we trust you will appreciate, given among other things the volatility of the capital markets, we reserve the right to withdraw or modify this proposal.
Thank you in advance for your consideration of this matter.
Very truly yours,/s/ Jeff Weiss /s/ Zev Weiss Jeff Weiss Zev Weiss SOURCE American Greetings Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV