The company's board and Gooch have agreed that Gooch will step down from his positions as CEO and director of the company, effective immediately.
Investors responded positively to the news, pushing shares of the Fort Worth, Texas-based firm up 1.95% to $2.61 in premarket trading. Shares of RadioShack, which competes with Best Buy (BBY) and Wal-Mart (WMT), have slumped more than 73% this year.
RadioShack's board is in the process of retaining an executive search firm to find a new CEO, and will consider both internal and external candidates, it said. Dorvin Lively, RadioShack's chief financial officer, will serve as interim CEO."We thank Jim for his service to the Company and wish him well in his future endeavors," wrote Daniel Feehan, RadioShack's non-executive chairman of the board. "I would like to thank my colleagues on the Board and everyone at the Company for their strong support," added Gooch. "I wish them all great success in the future." --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV