WASHINGTON, Sept. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), Northrop Grumman (NYSE: NOC) and Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) today announced that they have teamed to produce highly affordable satellite terminals for protected communications on the move and at the halt.
The Low Cost Terminal (LCT) solution addresses the military's need for lower cost technologies and systems to enable protected and secure communications for tactical warfighters in theater. The three companies are operating under a collaborative agreement signed earlier this year for TCS to manufacture, market and sell LCT products under license from Northrop Grumman and Lockheed Martin.
The TeamThe LCT solution takes advantage of Northrop Grumman's and Lockheed Martin's proven knowledge and engineering experience in protected military satellite communications through Milstar and Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF) anti-jam satellites, and builds on TCS' highly secure, deployable satellite communication systems, based on a modular architecture with plug-and-play interfaces and integrated logistics support.
- The U.S. military must operate in myriad environments, including volatile, benign and contested conditions, while staying ahead of adversaries' growing technological advancements.
- The LCT solution provides secure, assured, protected networks that offer anti-jam, low probability of interception (LPI)/low probability of detection (LPD) communications and cyber resistance.
- As the next generation of AEHF satellites launch, the LCT solution will allow warfighters to quickly and affordably take full advantage of the satellites' improved capability and expanded capacity.
- The LCT offerings are designed to work cooperatively with existing systems and have the flexibility to accommodate future network architectures with only minimal software/firmware upgrades.
- With the more affordable LCT solution, protected satellite communications (P-SATCOM) becomes a viable option for tactical warfighters in the next couple of years.
- No other existing or developing terminals provide P-SATCOM for the tactical warfighter at similar price points or timetable; the LCT solution at full production levels is priced at one-tenth the price of fielded Extremely High Frequency (EHF) terminals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV