Sept. 26, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- On
October 3, 2012
, all eyes will be on
for the first presidential debate at the
University of Denver
, where each presidential candidate will face off as they hope to curry favor, and votes, for their economic plans for the country.
On the morning of the debate from
10:00 am to 11:30 am EST
, Janus is hosting an
Investing & Politics Roundtable
to discuss what the outcome of the election may mean for investors
"Like no other time in history, political divisiveness and geo-political strife is causing investment paralysis and/or unhealthy investment practices," said
, CEO of Janus Capital. "Whether Obama or Romney wins the White House, investors need to get off the sidelines if they are going to hit their long-term financial obligations."
, editorial board member and senior economics writer for
The Wall Street Journal
, will engage a panel of experts in a "Meet the Press"-style discussion and debate about the implications of the current political landscape on investment decision-making. The panel includes:
- Peter W. Atwater : Called "one of the greats when it comes to financial services" by Herb Greenberg of CNBC, Peter Atwater is the President of Financial Insyghts, a consulting firm to institutional money managers, hedge funds, foundations and endowments focused on issues facing the financial services industry and the economy. He is currently working on a book about how social mood affects decision-making and the financial markets.
- Jonathan Coleman : Co-Chief Investment Officer for Janus, with responsibility for the firm's equity strategies. Mr. Coleman has 18 years of financial industry experience and holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation. He recently co-authored a thought piece entitled Growth for the Long Run. Finding Capital Appreciation Potential in a Low Return World.
- Gibson Smith: Co-Chief Investment Officer for Janus, with responsibility for the firm's fixed income strategies. Mr. Smith, who has 21 years of financial industry experience, speaks and writes often on his outlook for the fixed income markets. Recently, he co-authored a thought paper entitled Redefining Risk in Fixed Income.
- John Taylor : Economics Professor at Stanford University. Professor Taylor is creator of the monetary policy called the "Taylor Rule" and known for his research on the foundations of modern monetary theory and policy, which has been applied by central banks and financial market analysts around the world.
, CEO of Janus Capital, will provide a prelude to the roundtable, and set the stage for the panel to address a broad range of topics including:
- The looming crisis stemming from "barbell politics" and "barbell investing"
- What impact will the outcome of the election have on the economy and interest rates?
- What are the real life consequences of today's low rate environment?
- Will the election's outcome impact the healthcare, energy and financial services sectors?
- Will Washington's actions (and inaction) impact investors' abilities to reach their near- and longer-term financial goals?
To secure your spot during the live event, or to view the live event stream online, please contact
via email at
or by phone at 970.405.8060 to get more information.
About Janus Capital Group Inc.
Janus Capital Group Inc. ("JCG") (NYSE: JNS) is a global investment firm offering strategies from three individual investment boutiques: Janus Capital Management LLC ("Janus"), INTECH Investment Management LLC ("INTECH") and Perkins Investment Management LLC ("Perkins"). Each manager employs a research-intensive approach that is distinct within its respective asset class. This multi-boutique approach enables the firm to provide style-specific expertise across an array of strategies, including growth, value and mathematical equities, fixed income and alternatives through one common distribution platform. For more information, visit
June 30, 2012
, JCG managed
in assets for shareholders, clients and institutions around the globe. Based in
, JCG also has offices in
Please consider the charges, risks, expenses and investment objectives carefully before investing. For a prospectus or, if available, a summary prospectus containing this and other information, please call Janus at 877.33JANUS (52687) or download the file from janus.com/info. Read it carefully before you invest or send money.
Janus Distributors LLC C-0912-22332
Dan Mahoney: email@example.com or 970-405-8060
SOURCE Janus Capital Group Inc.