DENVER, Sept. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- On October 3, 2012, all eyes will be on Denver, Colorado for the first presidential debate at the University of Denver, where each presidential candidate will face off as they hope to curry favor, and votes, for their economic plans for the country.
On the morning of the debate from 10:00 am to 11:30 am EST, Janus is hosting an Investing & Politics Roundtable to discuss what the outcome of the election may mean for investors .
"Like no other time in history, political divisiveness and geo-political strife is causing investment paralysis and/or unhealthy investment practices," said Dick Weil, CEO of Janus Capital. "Whether Obama or Romney wins the White House, investors need to get off the sidelines if they are going to hit their long-term financial obligations."
Moderator Stephen Moore , editorial board member and senior economics writer for The Wall Street Journal, will engage a panel of experts in a "Meet the Press"-style discussion and debate about the implications of the current political landscape on investment decision-making. The panel includes:
- Peter W. Atwater : Called "one of the greats when it comes to financial services" by Herb Greenberg of CNBC, Peter Atwater is the President of Financial Insyghts, a consulting firm to institutional money managers, hedge funds, foundations and endowments focused on issues facing the financial services industry and the economy. He is currently working on a book about how social mood affects decision-making and the financial markets.
- Jonathan Coleman : Co-Chief Investment Officer for Janus, with responsibility for the firm's equity strategies. Mr. Coleman has 18 years of financial industry experience and holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation. He recently co-authored a thought piece entitled Growth for the Long Run. Finding Capital Appreciation Potential in a Low Return World.
- Gibson Smith: Co-Chief Investment Officer for Janus, with responsibility for the firm's fixed income strategies. Mr. Smith, who has 21 years of financial industry experience, speaks and writes often on his outlook for the fixed income markets. Recently, he co-authored a thought paper entitled Redefining Risk in Fixed Income.
- John Taylor : Economics Professor at Stanford University. Professor Taylor is creator of the monetary policy called the "Taylor Rule" and known for his research on the foundations of modern monetary theory and policy, which has been applied by central banks and financial market analysts around the world.
- The looming crisis stemming from "barbell politics" and "barbell investing"
- What impact will the outcome of the election have on the economy and interest rates?
- What are the real life consequences of today's low rate environment?
- Will the election's outcome impact the healthcare, energy and financial services sectors?
- Will Washington's actions (and inaction) impact investors' abilities to reach their near- and longer-term financial goals?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV