LOS ANGELES, Sept. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- This October, The Hub TV Network will once again celebrate Halloween by hosting a month-long "Haunted Hub" lineup of spine-tingling television, movies, online games and a sweepstakes that kids can enjoy with their entire family. The cornerstone of the "Haunted Hub" lineup is the season premiere of the 2012 Daytime Emmy ® Award nominated and critically acclaimed " R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" on Saturday, October 13 ( 6 p.m. ET).
R.L. Stine ("Goosebumps"), the master of kids' spooky storytelling is back for a third season of " R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" with all-new tales of suspense that invariably evoke chills, thrills and scares! The half-hour anthology series aimed at kids and teens premieres with the special two-part episode "Grampires" featuring popular actor Christopher Lloyd ( Back to the Future, "Taxi")."Grampires" follows Mike and his sister Cristen as they pay a surprise visit to their grandfather (Lloyd) in his creepy new Sunset Estates retirement community, only to discover that something is not quite right with Grandpa and his nocturnal neighbors, and eventually leading to a showdown at the bingo hall with an entire community of vampires. America's leading Halloween retailer, Party City, will present the two-part season premiere as well as an all-new episode airing the following week. The Hub and Party City will be counting down to Halloween with spooky costume tips for kids of all ages in a customized, on-air vignette that leads up to the holiday. One week prior to the premiere episode of "Grampires," the "Haunted Hub" celebration kicks off on Saturday, October 6 ( 4-7 p.m. ET) with a special marathon of the scariest episodes from the first two seasons of " R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" featuring some of Hollywood's most popular teen stars including Ariel Winter ("Modern Family"), Bailee Madison ( Just Go With It, upcoming Parental Guidance), Jake Cherry ( Night at the Museum), Debby Ryan ("Jessie"), Gabe Basso ("The Big C") and Frankie Jonas ("Jonas" television series). "Grampires" star Christopher Lloyd is not the only familiar face stopping by " R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" this October. Upcoming episodes "The Cast" ( October 20) and "The Weeping Woman" ( October 27) feature actors Robert Capron ( Diary of a Wimpy Kid) and Rico Rodriguez ("Modern Family") respectively.
- " R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" -- "The Cast" (New episode: Saturday, October 20 (6 p.m ET).; encore presentation: Saturday, October 27, 6:30 p.m. ET). Desperate to be cool, Lex (Robert Capron, Diary of Wimpy Kid) pulls a prank on the neighborhood cat lady, getting caught and breaking his arm in the process. To save himself, he rats out his friends and soon it's more than guilt that's gnawing at him.
- " R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" -- "The Weeping Woman" (New episode: Saturday, October 27 ( 6 p.m. ET); encore presentation: Saturday, November 3, 6:30 p.m. ET). Rico Rodriguez ("Modern Family") stars as a boy who learns the scary folk tale of the child-stealing river witch, "La Llorona." He soon comes face to face with the terrifying creature and must defeat her in order to save his friends.
- Monday, October 8 ( 4 p.m. ET): Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein
- Monday, October 8 ( 6 p.m. ET): Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman
- Friday, October 12 ( 9 p.m. ET): Gremlins
- Saturday, October 13 ( 9:30 p.m. ET): Gremlins 2: The New Batch
- Monday, October 15 ( 8 p.m. ET): Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
- Friday, October 19 ( 2 p.m. ET): The Haunted Pumpkin of Sleepy Hollow
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts