RESTON, Va., Sept. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NII Holdings, Inc. [NASDAQ: NIHD], a provider of differentiated mobile communications services under the Nextel brand in Latin America, announced today that its operating subsidiary, Nextel Mexico, has launched its next generation network in Mexico. The new network provides a robust technological platform that offers a full array of wireless products and services, including a differentiated Push-to-Talk (PTT) service and high-speed data capabilities, incorporated into Android-based smartphones.
"We are extremely excited about the launch of our next generation network in Mexico and providing our customers with innovative and differentiated solutions, including our high performance Push-to-Talk and broadband data services," said Greg Santoro, NII's executive vice president and chief marketing and strategy officer. "The deployment of this new network further solidifies our positioning in one of our most important markets, while strengthening our commitment to delivering high quality wireless products and services with unparalleled customer service."
The new high performance PTT services are tightly integrated with the mobile broadband data services available on the network and deliver an instant PTT experience that meets the expectations of Nextel Mexico's customers for best-in-class instant communications. In this first phase of the deployment, the next generation offerings will be available in 34 cities in the country, including Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Puebla and Cancun. A second phase expansion expected to cover all of the main cities in Mexico is scheduled to launch in 2013."The launch of our next generation network along with the new high performance PTT experience in Mexico is both an exciting and highly anticipated milestone for our employees and our customers," said Peter Foyo, president of Nextel Mexico. "Our customers have come to expect quality and cutting-edge services from us, and we are proud to provide these enhanced offerings, which will allow us to provide more options and benefits for our customers." The addition of the new PTT service, combined with the capabilities of the next generation network, positions Nextel Mexico to offer customers several unique value-added features, including:
- Direct Connect high performance PTT service that allows users to instantly connect to each other at the push of a button;
- seamless connectivity for voice and PTT customers on Nextel Mexico's iDEN ® network;
- high speed Internet browsing, including the ability to use the phone as a modem;
- group calling capabilities to other PTT users on the next generation network;
- PTT and group call alert notifications that notify users that someone is trying to reach them, including when they are on another call; and
- business and consumer applications, such as business productivity solutions, multimedia and social media services, as well as advanced 'Push-to' capabilities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV