TELUS Health solutions:
- Empower doctors, nurses and extended health teams to share information and provide integrated care efficiently and cost-effectively
- Offer doctors, patients and their families the ability to share information anytime and anywhere, further involving patients in managing their own health
- Enable pharmacists to provide better medication management and healthcare services for clients
- Improve benefits claims management to make it more efficient for employees, companies and insurance providers
- Allow hospitals, governments and health system managers to analyze information and determine best practices, evidence-based treatments and improve quality of care
- Encourage patients to care for themselves at home and wherever life takes them
"The new TELUSHealth.com is part of our revamped digital and external communications strategy - we're committed to providing valuable resources to customers in a clear and thoughtful manner," continued Lepage. "And this is just the beginning. As TELUS Health products and services continue to evolve to meet the demands of
dynamic healthcare market, so too will the website. Our goal is to make TELUSHealth.com, as well as other TELUS Health resources, usable and useful for all Canadians."
For more information about TELUS Health, please visit the new
To learn more about how TELUS Health is impacting the top five health issues facing Canadians,
watch this video.
For a full list of TELUS Health solutions, visit
About TELUS Health
TELUS Health is a leader in telehomecare, electronic medical and health records, consumer health, benefits management and pharmacy management. TELUS Health gives health authorities, providers, physicians, patients and consumers the power to turn information into better health outcomes. For more information about TELUS Health, please visit
TELUS (TSX: T, T.A; NYSE: TU) is a leading national telecommunications company in
of annual revenue and 12.8 million customer connections including 7.4 million wireless subscribers, 3.5 million wireline network access lines, 1.3 million Internet subscribers and 595,000 TELUS TV customers. Led since 2000 by President and CEO,
, TELUS provides a wide range of communications products and services including wireless, data, Internet protocol (IP), voice, television, entertainment and video.
In support of our philosophy to give where we live, TELUS, our team members and retirees have contributed more than
to charitable and not-for-profit organizations and volunteered 4.2 million hours of service to local communities since 2000. Fourteen TELUS Community Boards lead TELUS' local philanthropic initiatives. TELUS was honoured to be named the most outstanding philanthropic corporation globally for 2010 by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, becoming the first Canadian company to receive this prestigious international recognition.
For more information about TELUS, please visit
SOURCE TELUS Corporation