Chemtura will continue the extensive work on Corporate Social Responsibility started by Solaris ChemTech, as well as introduce Chemtura’s own sustainability efforts and Responsible Care® practices.
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and the parties expect to close by the end of 2012.
About Chemtura Corporation
Chemtura Corporation, with 2011 sales of $3 billion, is a global manufacturer and marketer of specialty chemicals, agrochemicals and pool, spa and home care products. Additional information concerning us is available at www.chemtura.com.About Great Lakes Solutions Great Lakes Solutions, a Chemtura business, is a global and innovative leader in safe and cost-efficient flame retardant products and solutions and brominated performance products. Our flame retardants are used in applications such as electronic components, electrical enclosures and building products, including insulation and furniture foam. Our brominated performance products are used in energy production, water treatment, automotive/transportation, dyes, biocides, pharmaceuticals and crop protection. For more information about Great Lakes Solutions, please visit www.greatlakes.com. About Solaris ChemTech Industries Limited Solaris (Gujarat, India) manufactures Bromine and Bromine Chemicals. It manufactures Liquid Bromine, Hydrobromic Acid, n-propyl Bromide, Tetra Bromo Bisphenol A (TBBA), and Speciality Bromine Chemicals used in agrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, flame retardants, amongst other applications. Forward-Looking Statements This press release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27(a) of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21(e) of the Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These forward-looking statements are identified by terms and phrases such as “potential,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “intend,” “estimate,” “expect,” “continue,” “should,” “could,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “will” and similar expressions and include references to assumptions and relate to our future prospects, developments and business strategies. Factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- Our ability to implement our growth strategies in rapidly growing markets;
- Our ability to successfully integrate acquisitions into our business; and
- Other risks and uncertainties described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including Item 1A, Risk factors, in our Annual Report on Form 10-K.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV