IRVING, Texas, Sept. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BT today announced a major update to BT One, its unified communications portfolio, including new cloud-based services designed to improve management effectiveness and collaboration within and between large organizations.
The BT One portfolio has been updated and a range of new services have been launched to address the findings of a global BT survey involving 1,000 executives working in large enterprises across the main industry sectors all around the world. This exclusive survey uncovers new attitudinal and behavioral factors, as well as impacts, linked to changes in the working cultures and to the roles of influential groups within the workforce.
The survey shows for example that the rate of adoption of unified communications is higher in the growing economies in Asia and Latin America than it is in the challenged economies of Europe. It also shows a potential link between management effectiveness and the faster decision making processes allowed by technology. The survey shows that younger executives gain a competitive advantage within the organization by being most eager to leverage the potential of unified communications.
Executives globally say it is taking too much time, effort and money to collaborate, access data and work as a team. And 56 percent of executives say slow decision-making by managers and colleagues is the biggest problem they face at work.BT's survey shows that executives feel they are wasting up to 25 percent of their time every day due to poor communication, collaboration and information flows, as well as basic administration tasks. They also feel frustrated by their IT departments, with 48 percent saying they don't keep up to date with new technology. As a result, executives are starting to 'go behind the back of IT' to use open platforms such as Facebook or Twitter to collaborate, potentially putting corporate security policies at risk.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV