DALLAS, Sept. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a new power module with 65-V transient protection that integrates a DC/DC converter, inductor and passives in a very small, easy-to-use package. The 2.5-A TPS84250 meets the EN55022 Class B electromagnetic emissions standard and features frequency synchronization to cleanly power noise-sensitive analog circuits in test and measurement, industrial motor control, medical and imaging applications. For more information and samples, visit www.ti.com/tps84250-pr.
The TPS84250 step-down power module supports input voltages from 7 V to 50 V and provides a positive output voltage from 2.5 V to 15 V in a small, thin 9-mm by 11-mm package. Watch a video at www.ti.com/tps84250-prv.
For applications that require a negative output voltage, TI offers the TPS84259 4.5-V to 40-V input, up to 15-W power module with frequency synchronization and low electromagnetic interference (EMI). This new power module provides output voltage down to -17 V for powering sensors, bipolar amplifiers, split-rail data converters and other analog circuits. For clean, low-noise voltage rails, the TPS84250 and TPS84259 modules can be paired with wide-input voltage linear regulators such as the 1-A, 36-V TPS7A4700 and 1-A, -36-V TPS7A3301.
The TPS84250 and TPS84259 join TI's TPS84k power module family, which also provide power for DSPs and FPGAs that require lower input voltages. For more information on all of TI's TPS84k integrated power modules, visit www.ti.com/tps84k-pr. TI offers a variety of tools and support to speed design, including circuit topology calculators for the TPS84250 and TPS84259.Key features and benefits of the TPS84250 and TPS84259 power modules
- 65-V transient protection eliminates additional system protection components.
- Frequency synchronization reduces noise.
- Compliant to EN55022 Class B electromagnetic emissions standard for low EMI noise.
- Very small, low-profile 9-mm by 11-mm by 2.8-mm QFN package is 75-percent smaller in area than open-frame power modules.
- Order samples and an evaluation board of the new power modules: www.ti.com/tps84250-pr and http://www.ti.com/tps84259-pr.
- Start a WEBENCH ® design: http://www.ti.com/webenchpwr-pr.
- Get more information on all of TI's TPS84k power modules: http://www.ti.com/tps84k-pr.
- Ask questions and share knowledge in the power forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/powerforum-pr.
- Download power reference designs from TI's PowerLab™ Reference Design Library: www.ti.com/powerlab-pr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV