Canada's Favourite Cup Celebrates with Photo Contest
OAKVILLE, ON, Sept. 26, 2012 /CNW/ - This Saturday, September 29 th, Tim Hortons invites Canadians to celebrate National Coffee Day with a cup of the nation's favourite coffee, and starting next week, a chance to win a $5,000 trip.
Beginning October 1 st, Tim Hortons is launching Tims Tour, an online photo sharing contest giving Canadian coffee lovers a chance to win free coffee for a year or the grand prize of a $5,000 trip. To enter, Canadians are asked to share a photo of themselves with their cup of Tim Hortons coffee in a setting that is unique to their hometown. Twenty-one regional winners will win free coffee for a year and there will also be a random draw for all eligible entries for the grand prize. For more details on the contest, please visit www.everycup.ca/TimsTour .
"At Tim Hortons we serve coffee to millions of guests every day and we know how much they look forward to that first sip in the morning," said Dave McKay, Director of Brand Marketing for Beverages, Tim Hortons. "Whether it's a traditional double-double, a flavoured latte or a café mocha, from East to West we are proud to serve Canada's favourite coffee exactly the way our guests like it, each and every time."Tim Hortons' coffee heritage began in 1964 when company founder Tim Horton brewed his first pot in Hamilton, Ontario. Today, the restaurant chain serves eight out of every ten cups of coffee sold at quick service restaurants in Canada. Here are some more fun facts about coffee drinking habits in Canada: (*data provided by NPD Group)
- Coffee is important to Canadians, with 73% of the population consuming coffee on a weekly basis.*
- The average Canadian coffee drinker consumes approximately 13 cups of coffee per week, or two cups per day. *
- Freshness (59%) and quick service (52%) are the top two visit drivers reported by out-of-home coffee drinkers. Tim Hortons is the leader in both of these categories.*
- Tim Hortons has their very own Roasting facility in Ancaster, Ontario where Tim Hortons exclusive blend is made under the careful watch of their Coffee Masters.
- Only three people in the world know the exact blend and roasting "fingerprint" of Tim Hortons coffee.
- Tim Hortons team of Coffee Masters taste-test, or "cup", more than 75,000 cups of coffee annually to ensure the company's quality and consistency standards.
- There are more than 1,000 different aroma and flavour "notes" that Tim Hortons Coffee Masters use to describe the smell or taste of coffee as part of their quality testing and tasting process.
- The coffee bean comes from a fruit tree
- The coffee bean is actually the pit of a coffee cherry
- More than 70 countries grow coffee
- Espresso coffee has less caffeine than regular coffee
- There are zero calories in a black coffee
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV