Smith Micro Software, Inc. ( NASDAQ: SMSI) a leading provider of wireless and mobility solutions, today announced a new addition to its market-leading QuickLink ® family of connectivity products, QuickLink ® MiTile™, designed to enhance mobile broadband connectivity for the Windows 8 platform. QuickLink MiTile enables mobile network operators to rapidly integrate Windows 8 connection management features into their existing device portfolio, including mobile hotspot devices, plus gain new revenue opportunities by adding operator branding and services to Wi-Fi only devices.
QuickLink MiTile benefits operators in three ways:
- Premium Service Upsell – Integrating with an operator’s billing system, QuickLink MiTile makes it easy for subscribers to upgrade data plans, and to discover and purchase premium services.
- Advanced Diagnostics – By collecting local connectivity performance data from the device, QuickLink MiTile lowers the burden on customer support by giving users tools to help themselves.
- Improved Hotspot Experience – With unique, built-in support for mobile hotspot devices, QuickLink MiTile ensures users are aware of their metered hotspot connections to reduce “bill shock” while extending the operator’s branded user experience onto Wi-Fi tablets and laptops connected to mobile hotspots.
“With QuickLink MiTile, mobile operators can increase data consumption and premium service adoption by subscribers through a customized mobile broadband experience that ties seamlessly to backend billing systems,” said Dave Sperling, CTO at Smith Micro. “QuickLink MiTile offers great value for operators supporting a wide range of legacy devices along with new Windows 8 devices, and when paired with QuickLink running on mobile hotspots, operators can realize even more incremental revenue opportunities.”
“Smith Micro’s solution is a great example of how application developers can build on Windows 8 using our standard interfaces and adding their own innovative features to support a variety of devices and customer needs,” said John Richards, Senior Director of Windows Apps Marketing at Microsoft Corp. “Smith Micro is an expert in broadband connectivity, and QuickLink MiTile provides wireless operators with a powerful tool as part of a comprehensive Windows 8 strategy.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV