Life Fitness, global leader in commercial fitness equipment manufacturing, today released its 2012 Fitness and Technology Survey, which found nearly three-quarters of regular exercisers use some type of technology device during their workouts. More than half of respondents consider themselves more successful at achieving their weight and fitness goals because of technology. The new survey evaluated the habits of exercisers from seven countries who own smartphones or tablets and exercise at least twice a week.
“Technology is integrated into so many aspects of our lives today, but this report is the first time we’ve been able to show just how plugged in exercisers are today and what access they’d like to have tomorrow,” said Chris Clawson, president, Life Fitness. “This is vital intelligence for fitness facilities around the world to help them understand what tech tools motivate their members to continue exercising, as well as retain their memberships.”
A sampling of results is listed below. To view the full report and methodology, visit www.LifeFitness.com/Survey.
Exercisers already plugged in
- 72 percent of exercisers use some type of technology device during their workout program and more than half consider themselves more successful at achieving their weight and fitness goals because of it
- 62 percent of consumers use some type of electronic content outside of the gym to support their workout program such as websites, apps or social media that offer advice or track progress
- 33 percent of respondents said they would be willing to switch gyms to obtain one or more technology tools if the prices and location were similar
- 96 percent of respondents said they found access to online content on equipment to be desirable with 75 percent expressing they’d like to access music and music videos to be the content they’d like to access most
- Three-quarters of respondents age 30 and below said access to personal content would encourage them to workout more
- 72 percent of young exercisers said they currently use websites, apps and/or social media to support their workouts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV