BEAVERTON, Ore. and SAN DIEGO, Sept. 26, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The RVU Alliance today announced the election of Entropic Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, to its Board of Directors, effective immediately. Dr. Anton Monk, Entropic's co-founder and vice president of Technology will serve as Entropic's representative member.
A member of the RVU Alliance, Entropic has actively supported the marketing and technical activities of the Alliance since its inception in August 2009, and has long-standing partnerships across the RVU Alliance ecosystem. As the only pure-play platform semiconductor company in connected home entertainment, Entropic's set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) and connectivity (MoCA®, Broadband Access and single-wire direct broadcast satellite outdoor unit) solutions enable the Company to have a deep understanding of the RVU Alliance's target Pay-TV and supplier markets. The Company's STB SoC and MoCA technology currently support the delivery of RVU technology.
"We are pleased to welcome Entropic and Dr. Monk to the RVU Alliance Board of Directors," said Henry Derovanessian, president of the RVU Alliance and senior vice president at DIRECTV. "Dr. Monk's extensive board experience will help provide valuable guidance to drive RVU forward as a key enabling technology to allow consumers the same user experience at every TV in the home.""Today's consumer wants to reliably and securely watch or access pre-recorded, live, premium or personal content anywhere in the home across any device," said Dr. Monk. "We feel both RVU and Entropic can benefit greatly from the higher level of strategic engagement at the board level. I am honored to represent Entropic on the RVU Alliance Board of Directors as we advance the RVU standard to meet the new video delivery demands required by the convergence of broadcast and broadband networks."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV