Frederic Chereau Joins Shire Human Genetic Therapies To Lead Angioedema Franchise
LEXINGTON, Mass., Sept. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Shire plc (LSE: SHP; NASDAQ: SHPG), today announced the appointment of Frederic Chereau as Senior Vice President and Franchise Lead, Angioedema, for its Human Genetic Therapies (HGT) business. In this role, Frederic will oversee the development and execution of the global strategy for the angioedema franchise. He will report to Sylvie Gregoire, President of Shire HGT. Frederic will be based in Shire's office in Lexington, Massachusetts.
"Frederic brings a wealth of experience from top pharmaceutical and biotech companies to Shire HGT, and we know he will be an important asset as we continue to grow and develop our Angioedema Franchise," said Sylvie Gregoire, President, Shire HGT. "With our recent strategic hires, we continue to strengthen our leadership team at HGT, and Frederic will support our goal of helping those with rare diseases lead better lives."
Frederic was previously President and CEO of Pervasis Therapeutics, which was recently acquired by Shire Regenerative Medicine. Prior to Pervasis, he spent nine years with Genzyme Corporation where he held a number of positions of increasing responsibility in Europe and the US, including Vice President and General Manager, leading the company's global cardiovascular business unit. Frederic began his career with Hemotech in France where he held various sales and marketing positions.
Frederic is currently a Member of the Board of Directors of the French American Chamber of Commerce of New England and a Member of Strategic Advisory Board of the La Rochelle Business School. Fluent in both French and English, Frederic holds a Bachelor's Degree in Physics from the University of Paris, a Master's Degree in Business Administration from La Rochelle Business School and an Executive MBA from INSEAD.Notes to editors Shire enables people with life-altering conditions to lead better lives. Through our deep understanding of patients' needs, we develop and provide healthcare in the areas of:
- Behavioral Health and Gastro Intestinal conditions
- Rare Diseases
- Regenerative Medicine
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV