- Supporting 10 after-school and summer programs initiated to facilitate hands-on, STEM-based learning. Cognizant's grants funded tools, materials, and instructor stipends for programs at venues including the Newark Museum, the Children's Aid Society, and the Detroit Public Library.
- Launching a U.S. scholarship program that awarded $5,000 scholarships to students pursuing STEM -related undergraduate degrees. The design-based scholarship program required candidates to submit a video summary of their projects that showed the creativity and innovation behind them and was judged by a committee chaired by NYSCI CEO Margaret Honey.
- Unveiling the Cognizant Maker Space at NYSCI. The space is a 1,200-square-foot area where schools, families, and aspiring Makers can learn the tools and techniques of physical and digital Making in a collaborative setting.
- Co-founding the Maker Education Initiative, a new non -profit organization created to develop more opportunities that fuel interest in STEM, the arts, and learning as a whole.
- Committing to Maker Corps, a program that hires young adults to mentor and educate children in after -school and summer programs inspired by the Maker Movement.
Cognizant Expands "Making The Future" Education Initiative
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts