SINGAPORE, September 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Industry leaders partner to deliver energy-efficient Philips lighting solutions to Jones Lang LaSalle clients
- Partnership provides platform to drive sustainable transformation in energy use in global commercial real estate markets
Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA), the global leader in lighting and Jones Lang LaSalle, (NYSE:JLL), the global financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate, have entered into a partnership agreement to deliver energy-efficient lighting and energy management solutions to all Jones Lang LaSalle clients.
This is the first time two leaders in the corporate real estate and lighting industries are working together on this scale to change the way commercial and industrial interiors are illuminated with LED and energy-efficient solutions. The global agreement starts in Asia Pacific and will be scaled up to cover the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
"Our partnership with Jones Lang LaSalle and our extensive portfolio in lighting solutions will allow us to help drive the adoption of energy-efficient and sustainable lighting solutions on a large scale in the commercial real estate space," said Harjit Gill, Chief Executive Officer for Philips in ASEAN & Pacific. "This partnership will further demonstrate our capabilities to manage global lighting consultancy services to maximize value for our customers."Michael Raphael, Head of Supply Chain Management and Procurement for Jones Lang LaSalle, said: " Jones Lang LaSalle is pleased to partner with Philips to present a global lighting solution to companies worldwide. This agreement has the potential to drive environmental change while meeting corporate aspirations to move to LED and other low energy options. Our partnership with Philips is an important step in helping our clients to identify opportunities to lower energy usage, deliver more productive workspaces and, in some cases, obtain carbon credits." "The agreement can offer energy savings of up to USD 100million a year for Jones Lang LaSalle clients in Asia Pacific, changing the way commercial and industrial interiors are illuminated. In Asia Pacific alone, Jones Lang LaSalle manages more than 70 million light points for over 150 corporate clients. Given the global scale of the partnership, this has the potential to drive significant energy savings as approximately 40 percent of electricity consumption in buildings is related to lighting," said Raphael. Both companies will also provide consultancy on energy management with intelligent lighting solutions and controls with new and existing customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV