NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Wells Fargo (WFC) and US Bancorp (USB) are among banks expected to benefit from strong quarter mortgage banking revenues, as federal stimulus and rising asset values continue to boost results.
Morgan Stanley analyst Betsy Graseck estimates mortgage revenues will rise 34% in the third quarter compared to the third quarter of 2011, though she believes it will be lower than the second quarter. She argues lower interest rates will stimulate refinancing activity. She also sees continued benefits from a government refinancing program known as HARP 2.0, as well as strong gains for banks on the sale of assets.
Graseck recommends SunTrust Banks (WFC), Wells Fargo and US Bancorp as the best way to invest in expected strong mortgage revenues since mortgage banking makes up the largest percentage of their overall revenues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV