Mosby raised his third-quarter EPS estimate for Zions by a nickel to 42 cents. The analyst estimates the company will earn $1.32 a share for all of 2012, followed by 2013 EPS of $1.96.
Mosby said that "after achieving the full benefit from the TARP repayment and lower debt conversion costs, we have forecasted that net interest margin compression and less release of loan loss reserves could stall quarterly earnings at around the $0.50 level until 4Q13," and that "ZION's Recovery: ZION's recovery could take longer than other banks' as the two levers of capital restructuring and the eventual rise in short-term interest rates could take the next three to four years to complete."
"However, once finished we see significant upside potential for ZION."
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV