Mosby raised his third-quarter EPS estimate for Zions by a nickel to 42 cents. The analyst estimates the company will earn $1.32 a share for all of 2012, followed by 2013 EPS of $1.96.
Mosby said that "after achieving the full benefit from the TARP repayment and lower debt conversion costs, we have forecasted that net interest margin compression and less release of loan loss reserves could stall quarterly earnings at around the $0.50 level until 4Q13," and that "ZION's Recovery: ZION's recovery could take longer than other banks' as the two levers of capital restructuring and the eventual rise in short-term interest rates could take the next three to four years to complete."
"However, once finished we see significant upside potential for ZION."
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV