- Based on accounting principles generally accepted in the U.S. (GAAP), annual interest expense is expected to decrease from approximately $40 million to approximately $18 million. On a cash basis, annual interest expense is expected to decrease from approximately $34 million to approximately $16 million.
- For the second quarter of fiscal 2013, the company will incur a one-time charge of approximately $14 million, which includes a $2.8 million prepayment premium and the write-off of deferred financing costs and original issue discount related to the previous debt. This one-time charge is expected to increase interest expense, on a GAAP basis, in the second quarter to approximately $24 million. For each of the third and fourth quarters of fiscal 2013, the company expects interest expense, on a GAAP basis, to be approximately $4.5 million.
- On a GAAP basis, for the remainder of fiscal 2013, the company expects that the savings in interest expense, due to lower cash interest expenses and lower non-cash interest expenses (amortization of deferred financing costs and accretion of original issue discount), will largely offset the one-time charge, and the company is therefore maintaining its expectations for net interest expense in the range of $35 million to $40 million.
- For fiscal 2013, the company continues to expect a GAAP net loss in the range of $20 million to $40 million, or a basic and diluted loss per share of approximately $0.15 to $0.30, based on a weighted average basic share count of approximately 132 million shares outstanding.
- As a result of the refinancing, the company is increasing its expectations for non-GAAP net income to a range of $95 million to $115 million from a prior range of $85 million to $105 million. Correspondingly, the company now expects non-GAAP diluted earnings per share (EPS) to range from $0.69 to $0.84, compared to prior expectations of non-GAAP diluted EPS to range from $0.62 to $0.77, based on a weighted average diluted share count of approximately 137 million shares outstanding.
- As a result of the refinancing, the company is increasing its expectations for free cash flow to a range of $70 million to $90 million from a prior range of $60 million to $80 million for fiscal 2013.
Alkermes Plc Closes Debt Refinancing, Lowering Interest Rate And Reducing Principal Amount
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.