American Public University System (APUS) today announced that Dr. Phil Ice, vice president of research and development, has been named a 2012 Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) Fellow for distinguished service to Sloan-C and for outstanding research that has advanced the field of online learning.
In recognition of unusual professional distinction, the Sloan-C Board of Directors recognizes individual members of the Sloan Consortium who have:
• outstanding and extraordinary qualifications in the field of online learning;
• significant experience in online learning or an allied field;• a record of distinguished service to Sloan-C or the field; and • extraordinary contributions or leadership in the field of online learning. In addition, Sloan-C Fellows are recognized for advancing quality, scale and breadth in online and blended education in areas represented by the Sloan-C Pillars of learning effectiveness, access, faculty and student satisfaction and scale. Dr. Ice and three fellow recipients from Michigan State University, SUNY Learning Network and University of Central Florida will be honored at the 18th Annual Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning in Orlando, FL, in October 2012. “Dr. Ice has set and consistently maintained a high bar of excellence on many pioneering distance learning initiatives, most recently including his contributions to the WCET’s Predictive Analytics Framework,” said APUS President and CEO Wallace E. Boston. “This prestigious honor is a well-earned validation of his online education thought leadership.” The award marks the latest industry laurels for Dr. Ice, who received the Wagner Award for Innovation in Distance Learning Administration in 2011 and three Effective Practice of the Year Awards (2007, 2009 and 2010) from the Sloan Consortium, which also recognized his leadership of an APUS team with the Gomory Award for Data Driven Quality Improvement in 2009. He was a member of the advisory council for the 2011 and 2012 NMC / ELI Horizon Reports, is a member of Adobe's Education Leaders Group and Higher Education Advisory Board, and also received the Adobe Higher Education Leaders Impact Award for 2010. Dr. Ice’s vision for the future of technology in higher education has covered the use of technology-mediated feedback, which has been adopted by more than 50 institutions of higher education in five countries. It also encompasses multi-level institutional assessment techniques and application of semantic analysis for mapping institutional learning assets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV