Silicon Image, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIMG), a leading provider of HD connectivity solutions, today announced the expansion of its MHL ® (Mobile High-Definition Link) portfolio with four new products—the SiI8558 MHL transmitter, the SiI9296 MHL-to-HDMI bridge, the SiI1296 MHL-to-VGA bridge, and the SiI9293 dual-mode MHL/HDMI ® receiver—all of which supports the highest digital A/V capabilities and incorporate features defined in the latest MHL specification version 2.0.
MHL, LLC, the entity overseeing and administering the adoption, licensing, and promotion of the MHL specification, estimates that by the end of 2012 more than 200 million MHL-enabled products will have shipped worldwide since the inception of the standard. Silicon Image’s newly announced suite of MHL 2.0 products will enable the next generation of MHL products and accessories to reach the market starting in 2013, continuing to expand the number and types of devices in the MHL ecosystem.
“In addition to today’s hottest smartphones, PC monitors, and DTVs, MHL technology is finding its way into other innovative products including automotive infotainment systems, A/V receivers, Blu-ray players, pico projectors, accessories, and many consumer media devices,” said David Kuo, director of product marketing at Silicon Image, Inc. “As a leader in developing HD connectivity solutions, Silicon Image continues to deliver new optimized, feature-enhanced MHL ICs for the latest worldwide mobile and CE products.”
Product Details:MHL 2.0 Transmitter:
- SiI8558 is an MHL transmitter that integrates the latest MHL specification version 2.0 features. The SiI8558 also integrates a 4-to-1 multi-media switch to reduce system cost.
- SiI9296 and SiI1296 are bridge ICs that support the latest specification version 2.0 features allowing connection to HDMI and VGA displays.
- SiI9293 is a dual-mode MHL/HDMI receiver for display applications.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts