CSS Industries, Inc. (NYSE: CSS) is pleased to announce that Robert E. Chappell has been elected as a member of the Board of Directors of the Company. Mr. Chappell has significant experience as a leader and director of multiple publicly-held and privately-held companies. A former director of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, he currently serves as Chairman of The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company (“Penn Mutual”) and as a director of the Quaker Chemical Corporation (NYSE:KWR) and of the South Chester Tube Company. Mr. Chappell joined Penn Mutual as president in January 1994 and was named chief executive officer in April 1995. He retired as Penn Mutual’s chief executive officer in March 2011.
In announcing Mr. Chappell’s election, Jack Farber, Chairman of the Board of CSS, said, “We are fortunate to have Bob join CSS Industries as a member of our Board of Directors. We believe that Bob’s outstanding leadership qualities and business acumen will be an asset to our Board of Directors, and we look forward to his participation in the Board’s deliberations and actions.”
CSS is a consumer products company primarily engaged in the design, manufacture, procurement, distribution and sale of seasonal and all occasion social expression products, principally to mass market retailers. These seasonal and all occasion products include decorative ribbons and bows, boxed greeting cards, gift tags, gift wrap, gift bags, gift boxes, gift card holders, decorative tissue paper, decorations, classroom exchange Valentines, floral accessories, Easter egg dyes and novelties, craft and educational products, stickers, memory books, stationery, journals, note cards, infant and wedding photo albums, scrapbooks, and other gift items that commemorate life’s celebrations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV