Genetic Technologies (GENE) is a biotechnology company focused on expanding its genetic testing and reproductive service businesses in the Asia-Pacific region. This stock is trading up 19% at $4.08 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.70-$4.2252-Week Range: $2.29-$6.20 Volume: 2.2 million Three-Month Average Volume: 176,106 Shares of GENE are exploding higher today after the company announced that its breast cancer risk test has been cleared for sale into Florida. >>5 Oversold Stocks Ready to Bounce From a technical perspective, GENE is gapping up sharply here right off both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages at $3.41 with heavy volume. This move has also pushed GENE into near-term breakout territory, since the stock is pushing above some overhead resistance at $3.71. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in GENE once it triggers its next major breakout trade. That trade will hit once GENE manages to clear some key overhead resistance levels at $4.28 to $4.79 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 176,106 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then GENE will have a great chance to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance at $6.20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV