Artesian Water is helping to promote the Drug Enforcement Administration’s (DEA) National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, which is being held on Saturday, September 29, 2012.
Artesian is encouraging area residents to help prevent accidental overdose, abuse and theft of prescription drugs by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused and unwanted medications. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, September 29, residents may safely dispose of such medications at area collection sites throughout the state and region. The service is free and anonymous—no questions asked.
Artesian Chair, President & CEO Dian C. Taylor emphasized that disposal of medications should never include flushing them down the toilet, pouring them down sink drains or throwing them in the trash.
“The proper disposal of prescription drugs can play an essential role in keeping our water supply safe. We should all do our part to help the environment, and one way is to promote events such as this. Properly disposing of drugs not only helps keep our rivers and streams free of potentially hazardous elements, but it teaches our children that protecting the environment is everyone’s responsibility.”The total amount of medications collected at Delaware’s statewide Drug Take Back Days since 2010 is more than 17,650 pounds. For more information about this program and to find a collection site near you, visit www.dea.gov. About Artesian Resources Artesian Resources Corporation operates as the holding company of eight wholly-owned subsidiaries offering water, wastewater and other services on the Delmarva Peninsula. Artesian Water Company, the principal subsidiary, is the oldest and largest investor-owned public water utility on the Delmarva Peninsula and has been providing water service since 1905. Artesian Water distributes and sells water to residential, commercial, industrial, governmental, municipal and utility customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV