Avid ® (NASDAQ: AVID) today announced that its customers have topped the list of Emmy® Award nominees and winners at the 2012 Creative Arts and Primetime Emmy Awards. The majority of the nominees this year used one or more Avid systems such as Media Composer®, Pro Tools® and Sibelius® to achieve creative excellence in television production.
Some of Avid’s customers who were among the winners receiving awards for picture and sound editorial this year include:
- Curb Your Enthusiasm - Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Comedy Series
- Deadliest Catch - Outstanding Picture Editing for Reality Programming
- Game of Thrones - Outstanding Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour) and Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour)
- Homeland - Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series
- How I Met Your Mother - Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing For a Comedy Series
- Modern Family - Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation
Avid also congratulates customers receiving Emmy Awards in additional categories—such as Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Miniseries or Movie, Outstanding Reality Competition Program, Outstanding Reality Program and Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series—which include: Modern Family, Homeland, Game Change, The Amazing Race, Undercover Boss, and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
Jordan Goldman took home an Emmy award for Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series for his work on the Homeland pilot and said, “It’s an honor to be recognized for Homeland, and to work with producers and directors who have such a powerful vision and deliver such outstanding material to work with. I love using Media Composer to cut our show, and our Avid shared storage allows the editors and assistants to seamlessly network with each other. There's a lot of pressure to get things done fast in the episodic TV world, and these are the tools we trust to get it done.”“Innovation, creativity, and the ability to capture the imagination of viewing audiences are enduring strengths of Avid’s customers,” said Gary Greenfield, Chairman and CEO at Avid. “We want to congratulate all of this year’s nominees, and we are truly honored to have Avid’s audio and video solutions associated with the many ground-breaking individuals and productions receiving Emmy nominations and awards this year.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV