today announced that its customers have topped the list of Emmy® Award nominees and winners at the 2012 Creative Arts and Primetime Emmy Awards. The majority of the nominees this year used one or more Avid systems such as
® to achieve creative excellence in television production.
Some of Avid’s customers who were among the winners receiving awards for picture and sound editorial this year include:
- Curb Your Enthusiasm - Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Comedy Series
- Deadliest Catch - Outstanding Picture Editing for Reality Programming
- Game of Thrones - Outstanding Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour) and Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour)
- Homeland - Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series
- How I Met Your Mother - Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing For a Comedy Series
- Modern Family - Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation
Avid also congratulates customers receiving Emmy Awards in additional categories—such as Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Miniseries or Movie, Outstanding Reality Competition Program, Outstanding Reality Program and Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series—which include:
Modern Family, Homeland, Game Change, The Amazing Race, Undercover Boss, and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
Jordan Goldman took home an Emmy award for Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series for his work on the
pilot and said, “It’s an honor to be recognized for
, and to work with producers and directors who have such a powerful vision and deliver such outstanding material to work with. I love using Media Composer to cut our show, and our Avid shared storage allows the editors and assistants to seamlessly network with each other. There's a lot of pressure to get things done fast in the episodic TV world, and these are the tools we trust to get it done.”
“Innovation, creativity, and the ability to capture the imagination of viewing audiences are enduring strengths of Avid’s customers,” said Gary Greenfield, Chairman and CEO at Avid. “We want to congratulate all of this year’s nominees, and we are truly honored to have Avid’s audio and video solutions associated with the many ground-breaking individuals and productions receiving Emmy nominations and awards this year.”