EVERETT, Wash., Sept. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today marks the one year anniversary of the first delivery of the first Boeing (NYSE: BA) 787 Dreamliner to Japan's ANA (All Nippon Airways). Since then, Boeing has delivered 25 Dreamliners to six different customers.
"One year ago today we reached a significant milestone in Boeing and ANA's partnership," said Ray Conner, president and CEO of Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "We are grateful for the support and confidence that ANA has placed in Boeing as the launch customer of the 787 Dreamliner."
"ANA has helped validate the airplane as truly game-changing," said Conner. "All of our 787 customers have been an integral part of making the 787 a success. We are committed to each of them as they put the Dreamliner into service."
Thousands of Boeing employees and dignitaries celebrated the historic delivery in a ceremony on Sept. 26 that highlighted the pride and dedication of the team that created the airplane and the cooperation and support of the airline.The Boeing 787 Dreamliner is the first commercial jetliner made primarily of advanced composite materials. It offers exceptional passenger comfort features including cleaner air, a lower cabin altitude, higher humidity, bigger windows that dim electronically and more overhead storage space. Airlines appreciate its fuel efficiency, which is 20 percent better than other airplanes in its class. This fuel efficiency also results in 20 percent lower carbon emissions, helping Boeing to achieve its environmental objectives. Contact: Lori Gunter787 Communications+1 206 931 5919 SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV