TORONTO, Sept. 25, 2012 /CNW/ - TD Asset Management Inc. (TDAM), the manager of the TD Managed Maximum Equity Growth Portfolio and the TD FundSmart Managed Maximum Equity Growth Portfolio (the "Portfolios"), today announced changes to the neutral asset mix of the Portfolios. TDAM will file an amendment to the Portfolios' simplified prospectus reflecting the changes.
The Portfolios' neutral asset mix has changed from generally 100 percent equity exposure to 90 percent equity exposure and 10 percent fixed income exposure. The asset allocation will generally be maintained within a range of 10 percent above or below the neutral weighting for each asset class. The change allows for greater flexibility in order to better respond to various market conditions. To reflect the change in the neutral weighting, TDAM has also added "credit risk" and "interest rate risk" to the Portfolios' fund-specific risks.
These changes do not alter the Portfolios' risk ratings or investment objectives, as set out in the simplified prospectus.
For more information on TDAM and our investment solutions, please visit www.tdassetmanagement.comAbout TD Asset Management Inc. Under the TD Mutual Funds name, TD Asset Management (TDAM) provides a diverse range of 70 mutual funds, 26 professionally managed portfolios and 20 corporate class funds. TDAM manages retail mutual fund assets on behalf of more than 1.7 million investors and TD Mutual Funds is one of the most broadly diversified fund families in Canada. Funds are available at TD Canada Trust branches (through TD Investment Services Inc. representatives), TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage, Financial Planning and Private Investment Advice, as well as leading investment dealers, independent brokers, advisors and financial planners. As of August 31, 2012, TDAM was the fourth largest mutual fund company in Canada, with $66.7 billion invested in TD Mutual Funds. SOURCE TD Asset Management Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV