Panasonic, an industry leader in rugged, reliable mobile computers since 1996, today announced upgrades to its semi-rugged Toughbook 53 notebook computer. Panasonic’s semi-rugged notebooks have built a reputation as reliable and versatile devices that deliver high-performance computing in demanding markets like insurance, construction and the military. The updated Toughbook 53, the latest in the line of products that created and continues to define the semi-rugged category, is now available with an Intel® Core™ i5-3320M vPro™ processor (3MB cache, up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. Other upgrades include expanded storage and improved connectivity options.
Panasonic Toughbook® 53: Key Upgrades
- Faster processor
- Intel® Core™ i5-3320M CPU (3MB cache, up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
- Expanded storage
- Up to 500GB 7200rpm HDD with 4-8GB RAM
- Optional 128GB, 256GB or 512GB solid state drives (SSD)
- Improved connectivity
- Two USB 3.0 ports
- Improved battery life: delivering up to 11 hours per MobileMark 2007 testing
- Optional integrated GPS receiver capable of accuracy within 5 meters or less
- Optional integrated RFID/Contactless SmartCard reader or Insertable SmartCard reader for maximum flexibility
- Capability to run Battery Calibration Tool in background
For a full list of Toughbook 53 specifications, visit www.Toughbook.com.
The Toughbook 53 features a spill-resistant keyboard and was certified by an independent third party to pass nine MIL-STD-810G tests, including surviving 3 foot drops on 26 faces with 1 unit. The device also features a high-definition, 14” LED display and offers an optional 2-850 nit sunlight-viewable Panasonic CircuLumin™ touchscreen plus an adjustable backlit emissive keyboard, making it an ideal candidate in any lighting condition.