MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Sept. 25, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LinkedIn (NYSE:LNKD), the world's largest professional network with more than 175 million members worldwide, today released some fun statistics about office tools and trends that are on the brink of becoming extinct.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=14811
As part of its "Office Endangered Species" study, LinkedIn surveyed more than 7,000 professionals across the globe and asked which offices tools and trends will most likely not be seen around offices by the year 2017. Thousands of professionals agreed they could easily picture office stalwarts like tape recorders, fax machines and Rolodexes nestled in museum exhibits next to fossils and Tyrannosaurus rex skeletons.According to professionals, the top 10 items and office trends that are becoming rare and could even disappear in the next five years are:
- Tape recorders (79 percent)
- Fax machines (71 percent)
- The Rolodex (58 percent)
- Standard working hours (57 percent)
- Desk phones (35 percent)
- Desktop computers (34 percent)
- Formal business attire like suits, ties, pantyhose, etc. (27 percent)
- The corner office for managers/executives (21 percent)
- Cubicles (19 percent)
- USB thumb drives (17 percent)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV