MEC - As leading providers of on-premise and cloud based email migration solutions, Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) is proud to announce that it completed an aggressive Microsoft Office 365 email migration for the University of Nebraska – Omaha (UNO). After unsuccessfully trying a competing migration tool, UNO deployed Quest® Notes Migrator for Exchange just weeks before the migration due date, and was able to move 4,200 users and 2,400 mailboxes from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Office 365. Quest was able to complete the entire migration in less than one month, reinforcing Quest’s mission to help companies cut Microsoft Exchange migration times to from several months to days.
In making the switch to Microsoft Office 365, UNO spent eight months building a migration plan that put emphasis on migration speed and accuracy while minimizing the impact on both faculty and students. As the migration deadline approached however, UNO found that the project was in danger of missing the original migration window. Just five weeks before the planned migration date, the company turned to Quest’s Notes Migrator for Exchange and was able to seamlessly migrate all 4,200 users, on schedule, with no disruption to other campus email activities.
Tweet This: Quest Notes Migrator for #Exchange enables @unomaha to complete email migration in less than one month @Quest bit.ly/SqxCoW
- As timelines continue to shorten, companies place increased importance on higher throughput and seamless migration to keep their communities connected.
- UNO faculty and staff expressed the need for a modern, web-based solution to enable access from a variety of clients, as well as faster response times and better search capabilities within their email platform. The University decided to migrate 4,200 users and 2,400 mailboxes to Office 365 in a “big bang” migration, to minimize impact and avoid disruption to classes.
- The university began an eight-month project with migration tools from another provider. When it became clear the project couldn’t be completed within the required timeframe, the university sought out Quest’s experience and migration expertise to pick up the pieces and get the job done.
- Quest Notes Migrator for Exchange delivers a ZeroIMPACT migration from Notes to Exchange on-prem, Exchange Online, and hosted Exchange, enabling companies to accurately and efficiently migrate email and calendar data with minimal resources, and without the risks of downtime and data loss.
- UNO purchased Notes Migrator for Exchange five weeks before its planned migration date, and was able to use the tool to complete the migration within the required migration window with no disruption to end users. The increase in throughput translated directly into a faster migration. While the project took place over a university break, a variety of other IT activities were ongoing during that period, and the seamless Quest migration ensured that those events were not disrupted.
- To date, Quest has migrated 40+ million mailboxes, and has 35 million mailboxes under management. The depth and breadth of Quest’s migration solutions enable companies to migrate to the cloud, on-premise or a hybrid environment.
- Transitions multiple mailboxes simultaneously to finish migrations faster, and installs multiple migration consoles to increase stability
- Monitors migration project status from a central console, and generates real-time reports to satisfy management requirements
- Automates administrative tasks to reduce IT work time, and schedules migration jobs to run when they will least impact network bandwidth
- Enables end users or administrators to migrate personal data to Exchange or Outlook personal stores, without data loss
- For more information about Notes Migrator for Exchange, please visit http://www.quest.com/notes-migrator-for-exchange/
- Quest will showcase Notes Migrator for Exchange at the Microsoft Exchange Conference this week at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center, booth #3.
- Also at MEC this week, Quest will be showing its other solutions to help customers migrate to and manage Exchange Server 2013 on-prem and Office 365.
- Steve Dickson, senior vice president and general manager, Quest Software“In today’s world, companies must have full access to email to maintain an efficient work day, which means it's essential to have a swift email migration. UNO’s need for a quick and seamless migration was critical to the overall success of the project, and fits well with our mission to speed migrations from months to days, with no disruption to end users.”
- Andrew Buker, Director of Technical Services, UNO“Notes Migrator delivered the throughput we needed to complete the migration on time. We were using 10 migration workstations, each running 32 concurrent threads, which is more than recommended, but it worked for us. We were getting only 11–15 MB/hour per workstation with our first provider, but over one GB/hour with each Quest workstation.”
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
- Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
- Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
- Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
- Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx