Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, today launched the first device in its platform of high-efficiency micropower step-down switching regulators. The SC4530 is a 30V micropower buck regulator that provides light-load efficiency greater than 80% at 650µA output and an ultra-small, 50mm 2 solution footprint. This combination of features addresses the key requirements for long battery life, small size and design simplicity in notebook PCs and set-top box applications.
“Semtech’s new SC4530 provides longer standby times in both battery-powered and line-powered consumer electronics by providing designers a high efficiency power solution for light-load conditions,” said Andy Khayat, Senior Business Unit Director for Consumer Power in Semtech’s Power Management Group. “This micropower buck regulator increases light-load efficiency up to 10 percent giving Semtech’s customers another means to achieve their power efficiency goals.”
The SC4530 operates from a 3V to 30V supply and provides an adjustable output voltage with output current up to 300mA. The very-wide input voltage range enables the device to operate from a variety of input sources, including single- or multi-cell batteries, internal system rails and wall adapters.
A web-based design evaluation and simulation model is available for the SC4530. It can be accessed through Semtech’s C-SIM design simulation tool at: http://semtech.transim.com/CSIM/pages/ProdSel.aspx?part_number=SC4530Key Features of SC4530
- Wide V IN range: 3V to 30V
- I OUT: up to 300mA
- Greater than 80% standby efficiency (at 650µA, 12V input, 5V output)
- Greater than 85% operating efficiency (at 10mA - 300mA, 12V input, 5V output)
- Small BOM: integrated power switch, Schottky diodes, compensation
- Solution footprint as small as 50mm 2
- Packaging: MLPD, 8-pin, 3 x 2 x 0.8mm
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts