"I continue to be impressed with the excellent hardware condition following accelerated mission testing of the F119. The durability results are a very good indicator for the future performance of the Pratt & Whitney F135 engine powering the F-35 Lightning II," said Tom Johnson, chief engineer of the F119 and F135 Programs. "The F119 engine shares mature core components with the F135 engine, which provides tremendous benefits from a cost and durability standpoint. This will benefit the F-35 program with respect to engine maturity, single engine safety, and reduced sustainment costs."
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, space propulsion systems and industrial gas turbines. United Technologies, based in Hartford, Conn., is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the global aerospace and commercial building industries.
This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning the operational prospects for certain engines and, accordingly, the potential for future business opportunities. Actual results may differ materially from those anticipated as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to changes in the United States Air Force funding related to the F-22 aircraft and F119 engines and F-35 aircraft and F135 engines, changes in government procurement priorities and practices or in the number of aircraft to be built; challenges in the design, development, production and support of technologies; as well as other risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to those detailed from time to time in United Technologies Corp.'s Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
Matthew C. Bates Pratt & Whitney Military Engines 860-557-3595Mobile: 860-371-9857 email@example.comSOURCE Pratt & Whitney
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV