- ASV advanced $31.9 million. Excluding the StreetAccount acquisition, ASV increased $20.4 million.
- Diluted EPS was $1.08, up 13% when excluding a stock-based compensation charge recorded in the year ago quarter
- Excluding StreetAccount, client count rose by 57, the largest quarterly growth since 2006
- Free cash flow was $51 million during the fourth quarter and $209 million for the full fiscal 2012 year, up 18% over last year
NORWALK, Conn., Sept. 25, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NYSE:FDS) (Nasdaq:FDS), a leading provider of integrated financial information and analytical applications to the global investment community, today announced its results for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012.
For the quarter ended August 31, 2012 revenues increased to $207.7 million, up 8% compared to the prior year. Included in this total was $1.8 million from the acquisition of StreetAccount on June 29, 2012. Operating income for the fourth quarter rose to $70.6 million from $59.0 million in the same period of fiscal 2011. Net income advanced to $48.5 million compared to $40.9 million a year ago. Diluted earnings per share increased to $1.08, up from $0.88 in the same period of fiscal 2011. The year ago fourth quarter results include a pre-tax stock-based compensation charge of $5.4 million or $0.08 per diluted share. The acquisition of StreetAccount did not have an impact on FactSet's fiscal 2012 fourth quarter diluted earnings per share.Consolidated Statements of Income
|(Condensed and Unaudited)||Three Months Ended August 31,||Twelve Months Ended August 31,|
|(In thousands, except per share data)||2012||2011||Change||2012||2011||Change|
|Provision for income taxes||22,547||18,304||23.2||%||85,896||67,912||26.5||%|
|Diluted earnings per share||$1.08||$0.88||22.7||%||$4.12||$3.61||14.1||%|
|Diluted weighted average shares||45,152||46,595||45,810||47,355|
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts