- ASV advanced $31.9 million. Excluding the StreetAccount acquisition, ASV increased $20.4 million.
- Diluted EPS was $1.08, up 13% when excluding a stock-based compensation charge recorded in the year ago quarter
- Excluding StreetAccount, client count rose by 57, the largest quarterly growth since 2006
- Free cash flow was $51 million during the fourth quarter and $209 million for the full fiscal 2012 year, up 18% over last year
NORWALK, Conn., Sept. 25, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NYSE:FDS) (Nasdaq:FDS), a leading provider of integrated financial information and analytical applications to the global investment community, today announced its results for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012.
For the quarter ended August 31, 2012 revenues increased to $207.7 million, up 8% compared to the prior year. Included in this total was $1.8 million from the acquisition of StreetAccount on June 29, 2012. Operating income for the fourth quarter rose to $70.6 million from $59.0 million in the same period of fiscal 2011. Net income advanced to $48.5 million compared to $40.9 million a year ago. Diluted earnings per share increased to $1.08, up from $0.88 in the same period of fiscal 2011. The year ago fourth quarter results include a pre-tax stock-based compensation charge of $5.4 million or $0.08 per diluted share. The acquisition of StreetAccount did not have an impact on FactSet's fiscal 2012 fourth quarter diluted earnings per share.Consolidated Statements of Income
|(Condensed and Unaudited)||Three Months Ended August 31,||Twelve Months Ended August 31,|
|(In thousands, except per share data)||2012||2011||Change||2012||2011||Change|
|Provision for income taxes||22,547||18,304||23.2||%||85,896||67,912||26.5||%|
|Diluted earnings per share||$1.08||$0.88||22.7||%||$4.12||$3.61||14.1||%|
|Diluted weighted average shares||45,152||46,595||45,810||47,355|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV