BRAMPTON, ON, Sept. 25, 2012 /CNW/ - (TSX: L) - Loblaw Companies Limited (Loblaw), one of Canada's largest private sector employers, has been recognized as one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People of 2012 by Mediacorp. The only grocery retailer to earn this distinction this year, the honour recognizes Loblaw's commitment to the recruitment, development and promotion of young talented Canadian graduates.
"We strive to recruit the most talented graduates from across the country and to support and nurture their development throughout their careers at Loblaw," says Judy McCrie, executive vice president, Human Resources and Labour Relations, Loblaw Companies Limited. "We are committed to set each of them up for long-term success by providing them with a positive work environment and unique learning and growth opportunities."
Loblaw's ability to attract and retain young workers helped make the Company stand out from more than 2,750 nominations, Companies are evaluated based on criteria such as work atmosphere and physical workplace, vacation time, opportunities for young people to develop their talents and advance in an organization, tuition reimbursement programs and leadership courses, to name a few.
Some of the key factors that helped Loblaw earn its place as one of Canada's Top Employers of Young People of 2012:Organizational Commitment - Loblaw is committed to recruiting the most talented graduates from across Canada based on a combination of their academic results, community service and passion for serving customers, for employment opportunities throughout the organization. From store level to distribution centres to head office, Loblaw believes that young people bring enthusiasm, innovation and progressive thinking to the work environment.
- Since 2009, Loblaw has hired over 400 young employees into the Grad @ Loblaw program
- The Pharmacy business unit has a very comprehensive program that supports students and graduates. Over the past two years, the department has hired more than 300 full-time employees and interns.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV