Liberty Media Corporation ("Liberty Media") (Nasdaq: LMCA, LMCB) today announced the 2013 Media for Liberty Award jury panel. The Media for Liberty Award was established in 2009 to acknowledge published works that explore the relationship between economic and political liberties.
Eligible works must be originally published or transmitted via print or electronic media during the 2012 calendar year, and received by Liberty Media no later than January 7, 2013. There is a $50,000 prize for the winning entry. The call for entries for year four is currently open.
The distinguished Media for Liberty panel represents thought leaders in the world of journalism and media:
- Tucker Carlson - Editor-in-Chief, TheDailyCaller.com; political commentator, Fox News Channel
- Christy Carpenter — CEO Winthrop Rockefeller Institute; former Executive Vice President and Chief Operational Officer, Paley Center for Media
- Jonathan Dahl - Editor-in-Chief, SmartMoney
- Allan Dodds Frank — Independent Business Investigative Correspondent; Past President, Overseas Press Club of America
- John Malone - Chairman, Liberty Media Corporation
- Mark McSherry — Professor of print and digital journalism; veteran journalist
- Maria Streshinsky — Editor-in-Chief, Pacific Standard; former Managing Editor, The Atlantic
- Stacey Woelfel , Ph.D. — Associate Professor, Missouri School of Journalism; Past Chairman, Radio-Television News Directors Association
The Media for Liberty Award is open to journalists worldwide whose original works shed new light on societal issues, news events, economies, political structures and cultures either prospering or struggling in their pursuit of free markets and civil liberties uninfluenced by government agenda.Submitted works will be reviewed by a jury panel and evaluated based on the degree to which the theme is addressed, inspirational and educational value, relevance to the public discourse, and mastery of media format.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV