MCKINNEY, Texas, Sept. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) and its Delaware statutory trust, Torchmark Capital Trust III (NYSE: TMKPRA), announced today that Torchmark Capital Trust III will redeem all of its outstanding 7.100% Trust Originated Preferred Securities® on October 24, 2012. Torchmark Capital Trust III currently has 4,800,000 preferred securities outstanding. The redemption price will be the liquidation amount of $25.00 per security, plus an accrued but unpaid dividend payment to the redemption date of $0.2613 per security, for a total payment of $25.2613 per security. Because all the Trust Originated Preferred Securities® are held through the Book-Entry Only Issuance System at The Depository Trust Company (DTC), DTC will notify holders.
Torchmark Corporation is a holding company specializing in life and supplemental health insurance for "middle income" Americans marketed through multiple distribution channels including direct response, and exclusive and independent agencies. Torchmark has several nationally recognized insurance subsidiaries. Globe Life And Accident is a direct-response provider of life insurance known for its administrative efficiencies. American Income Life provides individual life insurance to working families. Liberty National Life is one of the oldest traditional life insurers in the Southeast. United American is a consumer-oriented provider of supplemental life and health insurance.
Website: www.torchmarkcorp.comSOURCE Torchmark Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV