Suburban Propane Partners
Suburban Propane Partners (SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a range of products meeting the energy needs of the customers. This stock is trading up 1.3% at $41.17 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 276,000
Average Volume: 355,470Volume % Change: 62% From a technical perspective, SPH is continuing to attract momentum buyers today after the stock recently broke out above $38.92 and its 50-day moving average of $39.57 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing SPH within range of triggering another breakout trade. That trade will hit once SPH manages to clear its 200-day moving average of $40.98 with high volume. At last check, SPH has hit an intraday high of $41.16 and volume is a bit below its three-month average action of 355,470 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in SPH as long as it's trending above $40.98 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 355,470 shares as bullish. If SPH can sustain that trend, then this stock has a great chance of tagging $43 to $44.72 in the near future. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV