Epocrates (EPOC) is a provider of mobile drug reference tools and electronic health records to healthcare professionals and interactive services to the healthcare industry. This stock is trading up 6.4% at $11.24 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 77,000
Average Volume: 76,688Volume % Change: 105% From a technical perspective, EPOC is gapping up strongly here with above-average volume. This move is coming after EPOC recently broke out above $9.23 with decent volume. Today's action has also started to push EPOC into overbought territory, since its current relative strength index reading is now over 80. Overbought can always get more overbought, so that doesn't mean the stock is due to pullback in the short-term. Traders should now look for long-biased traders in EPOC once it manages to break out above today's high of $11.60 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $11.60 with volume that's near or above 76,688 shares. If EPOC triggers that breakout, then look for this stock to hit $14 in the near-term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV