Epocrates (EPOC) is a provider of mobile drug reference tools and electronic health records to healthcare professionals and interactive services to the healthcare industry. This stock is trading up 6.4% at $11.24 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 77,000
Average Volume: 76,688Volume % Change: 105% From a technical perspective, EPOC is gapping up strongly here with above-average volume. This move is coming after EPOC recently broke out above $9.23 with decent volume. Today's action has also started to push EPOC into overbought territory, since its current relative strength index reading is now over 80. Overbought can always get more overbought, so that doesn't mean the stock is due to pullback in the short-term. Traders should now look for long-biased traders in EPOC once it manages to break out above today's high of $11.60 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $11.60 with volume that's near or above 76,688 shares. If EPOC triggers that breakout, then look for this stock to hit $14 in the near-term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV