Rock-Tenn (RKT) is a manufacturer of packaging products, recycled paperboard, containerboard, bleached paperboard and merchandising displays. This stock is trading up 6% at $72.85 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.6 million
Average Volume: 962,108Volume % Change: 283% Shares of RKT are ripping higher today after Credit Suisse raised its price target on the stock to $82 from $73. The firm said reports indicate that containerboard producers successfully passed through a full $50 a ton price increase in September. From a technical perspective, RKT is trending higher here with above-average volume. This move has also pushed RKT above some near-term overhead resistance at $70.51. This move is quickly pushing RKT within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once RKT manages to clear some past overhead resistance at $73.65 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in RKT as long as it's trending above $70.51, and then once it sustains a move or close above $73.65 with volume that's near or above 962,108 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then RTK will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance level at $77.33.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV