TiVo (TIVO) is a developer and provider of software and technology that enables the search, navigation, and access of content across sources, including linear television, on-demand television and broadband video. This stock is trading up 3.9% at $9.94 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 6.7 million
Average Volume: 2.05 millionVolume % Change: 517% Shares of TIVO are soaring today after news broke that the company will receive at least $250.4 million from Verizon Communications (VZ) as part of a patent litigation settlement. >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, TIVO is gapping up sharply here back above its 200-day moving average of $9.87 with heavy volume. This move has briefly pushed TIVO above some near-term overhead resistance at $10.14. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in TIVO as long as it's trending above $10.14 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $10.14 with volume that's near or above 2,049,130 shares. If TIVO can manage to sustain that trend, then look for this stock to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $11 to $12.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV