CHERRY HILL, N.J. and PORTLAND, Maine, Sept. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank ®, announced today that it has received a 2012 Green Power Leadership Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), at an event held in conjunction with the 2012 Renewable Energy Markets Conference in Washington, D.C. TD Bank was one of only 12 organizations in the United States to receive a Leadership Award for its green power purchase.
The annual Green Power Leadership Award recognizes the country's leading green power purchasers for their commitment and contribution to helping advance the development of the nation's voluntary green power market. The EPA looks for EPA Green Power Partners who distinguish themselves through purchases of green power from a utility green-pricing program, a competitive green marketer, or a renewable energy certificate (REC) supplier. TD Bank currently purchases nearly 262 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of green power annually, which is enough green power to offset 100 percent of the organization's purchased electricity use. TD Bank buys RECs from Renewable Choice Energy.
According to the EPA, TD Bank's current green power purchase is equivalent to avoiding the carbon dioxide (CO 2) emissions of more than 35,000 passenger vehicles per year, or is the equivalent amount of electricity needed to power nearly 23,000 average American homes annually."We are proud to receive this prestigious award from the EPA," said Jacquelynn Henke, TD Bank's U.S. Green Real Estate Strategy Officer. "Purchasing green power helps our organization become more sustainable, while also sending a message to others across the U.S. that supporting clean sources of electricity is a sound business decision and an important choice to fight climate change."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV