Shares of Oritani Financial (ORIT) of the Township of Washington, NJ., closed at $14.87 Friday, returning 20% year-to-date, following an 8% return last year.
The shares trade for 1.3 times tangible book value, and for 19 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 80 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 70 cents.
Based on a quarterly payout of 15 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 4.03%.For the 12-month period ended June 30, the company's ROA was 1.21%, while its ROE was 5.95%, according to Thomson Reuters Bank insight. The low ROE reflects a very high level of capital, the company reporting a Tier 1 leverage ratio of 19.02%, as of June 30. Oritani Financial was included among TheStreet's 5 Most Lean and Mean Bank Stocks last week, as the company's efficiency ratio for the 12-month period ended June 30 was just 37.78%, according to Thomson Reuters Bank Insight. The efficiency ratio is, essentially, the number of pennies of expenses incurred for each dollar of revenue. An efficiency ratio below 50% is generally considered very good, with a ratio below 40% considered excellent for a community bank. Please see the previous article for details on Oritani's second-quarter performance and additional comment. ORIT data by YCharts
Interested in more on Oritani Financial? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV