Shares of Rockville Financial (RCKB) of Rockville, Conn., closed at $11.70, returning 15.5% year-to-date, following a 32% decline during 2011.
The shares trade for just over tangible book value, and for 19 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 62 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 52 cents.
Based on a quarterly payout of nine cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.08%.For the 12-month period ended June 30, the company's ROA was 0.81%, while its ROE was 4.51%, according to Thomson Reuters Bank insight. The low ROE reflects a very high level of capital, with a June 30 Tier 1 leverage ratio of 17.40%, as of June 30. The company completed a second-step conversion to full stock ownership in March 2011. Rockville Financial's board of directors in March authorized a program to buy back up to 2,951,250 shares, or 10% of the company's total common shares. As of June 30, there were 1,328,379 shares authorized to be repurchased under the program. KBW analyst Damon DelMonte rates Rockville Financial "Market Perform," with a $12.50 price target, and said on July 31 that since completing its conversion to full stock ownership "the bank has been in transition deepening its management team and transforming its balance sheet. Over the last twelve months, the entire management team has been changed, starting with a new CEO and down to new risk and commercial teams." The analyst said that "success for the RCKB story will be heavily dependent on financially sound deployment of excess capital. The bank currently has roughly $178mm of excess capital, which empowers the bank to focus solely on growth, without having to worry about how to fund the growth." RCKB data by YCharts
Interested in more on Rockville Financial? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV