Rating Change #3
(APOG - Get Report)
has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- APOG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- APOG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.10 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 383.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 98.87% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, APOG should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- APOGEE ENTERPRISES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, APOGEE ENTERPRISES INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.17 versus -$0.51 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.55 versus $0.17).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Building Products industry. The net income increased by 401.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.68 million to $5.06 million.
Apogee Enterprises, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design and development of glass products, services, and systems primarily in North America, Europe, and Brazil. The company has a P/E ratio of 55.5, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Apogee has a market cap of $487.5 million and is part of the
materials & construction
industry. Shares are up 40.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
You can view the full
Apogee Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center