SEATTLE, Sept. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines is preparing to fly its first 787 Dreamliner this week from Boeing Field in Seattle to the airline's Houston hub. The aircraft is the first of five new Dreamliners the airline expects to receive this year from its total order for 50 of the aircraft. United is the first North American carrier to take delivery of the 787. The airline took ownership of its first Dreamliner on Saturday.
Jeff Smisek, president and CEO of United, said, "As the North American launch customer, we are delighted to be getting our first 787 Dreamliner. As we continue to build the world's leading airline, we are excited for our customers and co-workers to experience this game-changing aircraft."
United's first Dreamliner is expected to arrive in Houston later this week to begin a month-long training and certification program including non-commercial flights to several of United's domestic hubs. As the initial aircraft are inducted into the fleet, they will be based at United's Houston hub and will enter into previously announced domestic service in November and international service in December. United is planning to operate its inaugural 787 commercial flight from Houston to Chicago Nov. 4 at 7:25 a.m.
Configured with 36 seats in United BusinessFirst, 70 seats in United Economy Plus and 113 seats in United Economy, the Dreamliner will revolutionize the flying experience for United customers and crews while delivering unprecedented operating efficiency, comfort and lower emissions. Customers will experience greater comfort with improved lighting, bigger windows, larger overhead bins, lower cabin altitude and enhanced ventilation systems, among other passenger-friendly features.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV