NEW YORK, Sept. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today IAC (Nasdaq: IACI) announced that Ask.com has completed the acquisition of The About Group from The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT) for $300 million in an all-cash deal. The acquisition was previously announced on August 26, 2012.
With nearly 1,000 topic sites and more than three million unique articles, About.com is one of the most comprehensive content and reference libraries on the Internet, offering expert, quality content that helps users find solutions to a wide range of daily needs. Globally, nearly 100 million unique users visit About.com on a monthly basis. Ask.com, with more than 100 million users globally of its own, is one of the leading Q&A destinations on the Internet.
The About Group will join IAC's Search and Applications reporting segment and will be consolidated effective immediately.
About IACIAC (NASDAQ: IACI) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of more than 150 brands and products, including Match.com, Ask.com, CollegeHumor, and CityGrid Media. Focused in the areas of Search, Personals, Local and Media, IAC's family of websites is one of the largest in the world, with nearly a billion monthly visits across more than 30 countries. The company is headquartered in New York City with offices in various locations throughout the U.S. and internationally. To view a full list of the companies of IAC, please visit our website at www.iac.com. Contact Information:IAC Corporate Communications Justine Sacco / firstname.lastname@example.org(212) 314-7326 IAC Investor Relations Nick Stoumpas / email@example.com(212) 314 - 7495 SOURCE IAC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV