Sept. 24, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Valassis (NYSE: VCI), one of the nation's leading media and marketing services companies,
announced today that it will host a free digital webcast from
2 to 3 p.m. ET Thursday, Sept. 27
aimed at helping marketers effectively navigate the rapidly evolving media landscape. A panel of Valassis digital experts will share knowledge and key insights to address the challenges marketers must overcome to drive ROI for their brands. The "Directions in Digital" webcast panelists, are:
- Jim Parkinson, Valassis Chief Digital Officer, a world-class engineer and leader with 30 years of experience in the software industry. Prior to his role at Valassis, Parkinson was part of the team at Sun Microsystems that built the world's first utility computing platform that led to the introduction of Cloud technology.
- Greg Bogich, Valassis Senior Vice President, Digital Media, who leads Sales and Marketing efforts for the organization's display, e-mail and digital offer platforms and products. Drawing upon his experience in media planning, targeting and client marketing, Bogich also has developed advertising strategies for some of the nation's top retailers.
- Sue Twombly, Valassis Director of Marketing, Digital Media, who leads the development of the company's go-to-market strategies for its digital media portfolio. Her extensive background in business development, integrated campaigns, customer relationship marketing and campaign analytics has cultivated a unique perspective on leveraging data-driven marketing strategies to hone in on key challenges facing today's multi-channel marketers.
The panelists will discuss what the future holds for digital marketing and what marketers can do to optimize targeting and media integration to ensure they are getting the most out of their marketing initiatives and budget. The Directions in Digital webcast will map out corresponding considerations that can guide planning and campaign execution, such as:
- Data and privacy – Find out more about consumers' primary privacy concerns and what companies are doing in response to those concerns;
- Technology and user experience – Learn more about technology's role in creating and delivering a great user experience to drive success; and
- Media integration – Learn how important media integration is not only across channels, but also throughout the path to purchase and how digital media effectively expands the shopping and brand experience before and after the actual purchase.
Tablets and smartphones are changing consumer behaviors by adding greater freedom, portability and personalized experiences as users simply tap to get email, news, information and entertainment on demand. As the digital world moves with speed, marketers are continually challenged not only to stay abreast of this changing media environment but to get ahead of it, as the Directions in Digital Webcast will address. Consider this:
- U.S. adults are spending one-third of their media time with digital (Scarborough multi-Market August 2012);
- 70% of mobile searches result in action within one hour (Mobile Marketer, June 2012); and
- 14% of U.S. adults own a tablet today– up 400% in the last 12 months (Nielsen, Jan. 2012).
To sign up for the
free webcast, go to:
. For more information, please call 1-877-529-5001 or email
Valassis is one of the nation's leading media and marketing services companies, offering unparalleled reach and scale to more than 15,000 advertisers. Its RedPlum® media portfolio delivers value on a weekly basis to over 100 million shoppers across a multi-media platform – in-home, in-store and in-motion. Through its digital offerings, including redplum.com and save.com, consumers can find compelling national and local deals. Headquartered in
with approximately 7,000 associates in 28 states and eight countries, Valassis is widely recognized for its associate and corporate citizenship programs, including its
America's Looking for Its Missing Children
® program. Valassis companies include Valassis Direct Mail, Inc., Valassis Canada, Promotion Watch, Valassis Relationship Marketing Systems, LLC, NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Brand.net. For more information, visit
To learn about advertising opportunities with RedPlum, please call 1-800-437-0479.
Cautionary Statements Regarding Forward-looking Statements
This document contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties and other factors which may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, among others, the following: price competition from our existing competitors; new competitors in any of our businesses; a shift in client preferences for different promotional materials, strategies or coupon delivery methods, including, without limitation, as a result of declines in newspaper circulation and/or increased competition from new media formats including digital; an unforeseen increase in paper or postal costs; changes which affect the businesses of our clients and lead to reduced sales promotion spending, including, without limitation, a decrease of marketing budgets which are generally discretionary in nature and easier to reduce in the short-term than other expenses; our substantial indebtedness, and ability to refinance such indebtedness, if necessary, and our ability to incur additional indebtedness, may affect our financial health; the financial condition, including bankruptcies, of our clients, suppliers, senior secured credit facility lenders or other counterparties; certain covenants in our debt documents could adversely restrict our financial and operating flexibility; fluctuations in the amount, timing, pages, weight and kinds of advertising pieces from period to period, due to a change in our clients' promotional needs, inventories and other factors, including, without limitation, high levels of coupon redemption rates; our failure to attract and retain qualified personnel may affect our business and results of operations; a rise in interest rates could increase our borrowing costs; possible governmental regulation or litigation affecting aspects of our business; clients experiencing financial difficulties, or otherwise being unable to meet their obligations as they become due, could affect our results of operations and financial condition; uncertainty in the application and interpretation of applicable state sales tax laws may expose us to additional sales tax liability; and general economic conditions, whether nationally, internationally, or in the market areas in which we conduct our business, including the adverse impact of the ongoing economic downturn on the marketing expenditures and activities of our clients and prospective clients as well as our vendors, with whom we rely on to provide us with quality materials at the right prices and in a timely manner. These and other risks and uncertainties related to our business are described in greater detail in our filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, including our reports on Forms 10-K and 10-Q and the foregoing information should be read in conjunction with these filings. We disclaim any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.