Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA), the leading global provider of converged IP and wireless network test solutions, today announced membership in InCNTRE’s SDN Testing Consortium to further lead the development of standards-based software defined networking (SDN) technologies, including OpenFlow. Through this collaboration, InCNTRE, the world’s only third-party testing lab for SDN, will use Ixia solutions to perform interoperability certification testing. As a leader in the development and validation of standards-based SDN technologies such as OpenFlow, Ixia continues to offer next-generation solutions for the latest networking technologies.
- Ixia will collaborate with InCNTRE through its SDN Testing Consortium to develop and test standards-based SDN technologies, including OpenFlow.
- InCNTRE is the world’s only neutral testing lab for SDN and was selected by the Open Networking Forum (ONF) as an official lab for conformance testing of OpenFlow.
- Ixia has been a leader in the development of OpenFlow as the chair for ONFs Testing-Interop Working Group and is the first to introduce off-the-shelf OpenFlow testing solutions.
- InCNTRE will use Ixia’s IxNetwork for functional and performance testing of OpenFlow devices as well as hybrid devices running traditional routing and switching protocols.
- Additionally, Ixia’s IxANVL will be used to determine whether devices conform to OpenFlow Switch v1.0 ONF interoperability standards.
“Ixia saw the benefits of OpenFlow early on, and has supported its long-term development as chair for the Testing-Interop Working Group of ONF,” said Mike Haugh, senior market development manager, Ixia. “This same level of commitment can be seen from Indiana University’s investment in testing SDN and OpenFlow with the creation of the InCNTRE SDN Interoperability Lab. This joint collaboration between Ixia and InCNTRE provides the proper conformance and performance testing needed to accelerate the adoption and deployment of OpenFlow and other SDN technologies.”“A key goal of InCNTRE is to encourage the development and adoption of OpenFlow and other SDN technologies as standards,” said Matthew Davy, InCNTRE executive director. “The ability to validate SDN-based technologies will be key to the success of accelerating the development of these solutions, including OpenFlow. We are excited to use Ixia’s solutions to perform our interoperability and conformance testing. We are excited to see Ixia join InCNTRE’s membership, which now includes a diverse list of industry innovators working toward a common goal of OpenFlow adoption.”